| < January >
|Normal Max/ High Temperature
|Min/ Low Temperature
|Number of Wet Days (probability of rain on a day)
|Average Sunlight per day
|Average Daylight per day
|Sunny (Cloudy) Daylight Hours
|Sun altitude at solar noon on the 21st day.
- The average temperature in Columbus, Ohio in January is slightly cold at -3.1 °C (26.42 °F).
- Afternoons can be very cool with average high temperatures reaching 1.2 °C (34.2 °F).
- Overnight temperatures are generally cold with an average low of -7.5 °C (18.5 °F).
- In January the mean diurnal temperature range/ variation is 8.7 °C (15.7 °F).
- The weather in January is slightly dry with snow occasionally. Only 55.4mm (2.2in) of H2O is unloaded across on average 12 days.
- The blue above Columbus, Ohio is dull having on balance merely 3:19 of dazzling sunshine daily.
- The shortest day is 9:23 long and the longest day is 10:05 long with an average length of 9:40.
- There are approximately 6:11 per day when bright sunshine is absent due to cloud, haze or the sun being too low on the horizon to register.
- It is sunny approximately 34.9% of daylight hours and cloudy 65.1% of daylight hours.
Check the distance to and compare the Columbus, Ohio January averages with somewhere beginning with:
A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z | All
Weather Trend Graph for January in Columbus, Ohio, Usa
Navigate to January Weather in Locations Surrounding Columbus, Ohio:
- Tiffin, Oh, Usa - 126.4 kms (78.5 miles) NNW
- Upper Sandusky, Oh, Usa - 111.6 kms (69.4 miles) N
- Bucyrus, Oh, Usa - 90.2 kms (56.1 miles) N
- Urbana, Oh, Usa - 74.9 kms (46.6 miles) W
- Delaware, Oh, Usa - 9.9 kms (6.2 miles) W
- Dayton, Oh, Usa - 106.2 kms (66 miles) W
- Circleville, Oh, Usa - 44.7 kms (27.8 miles) S
- Waverly, Oh, Usa - 111.6 kms (69.4 miles) S